Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Embossed Leaves and a hat

I finally finished my Embossed Leaves Socks. It only took me a week to knit them and about a month and a half to weave in the ends. But they are really pretty. The yarn was a gift from Avocado Fever. I believe she bought it at Maryland Sheep and Wool. The pattern (as I am sure you know), is from Interweave Winter 2005 and republished in 25 Favorite Socks. These really are some of my favorite socks.

Embossed Leaves Socks 2

When I was in college I had a professor who explained that flowers and leaves that are pointing down make people depressed. So by making them toe up, the leaves "grow" up, instead of down.

Embossed Leaves Socks

I have 3 pair of handknit socks. They are all green. I think it is time for a new color. And you guys think I only knit in pink.

I also finished a hat for the store.

Mixed Media Hat Side

It's my own pattern, which will eventually be a free pattern with yarn purchase. I made it with Torino Bulky, Dune and Lace Mohair (6 strands held together). One ball of each will do the trick.

I also have been busy with Christmas knitting, but I think I need to wait till the 26th to post those photos. I still have things that I need to cast on for. I guess I better start soon…

2 comments:

MUDNYC said...

The socks look GREAT in that color! Yes that was from the MDSW, but I can't remember what kind it was. I just remember it was soft and pretty, and very deserving of your skilled knitterly hands.

Passionknitly said...

I like them! I actually need to knit a new pair of green Embossed Leaves socks because my old ones were accidentally tossed in the wash with something black that ran all over them.

oops.