Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Feather and Fan Baby Blanket

As soon as I saw Jared’s newest blanket, I knew I HAD to make it. It’s beautiful and classic. Shortly there after, someone asked me to make a baby blanket for them. So I knew right away what pattern I was going to make.

IMG_0260

I am really pleased with the result. The garter stitch went pretty quickly (although the middle part was starting to get a little tedious.) The worse part? Since I was too impatient to wait for Jared’s version, I had to chart the feather and fan border myself. Incorporating the pattern into the corners was a little…ummm challenging. There is no way I could have done it without Excel!

The Rowan Wool Cotton was a pleasure to work with. It has a beautiful hand without being too warm or too hard on the hands.

IMG_0261

She also asked for a beret for the baby. So I took Wendy’s beret pattern and massively sized it down and put a few flowers on it.

IMG_0272

(Please excuse the hand, I wasn’t sure how else to photograph such a small hat.)

IMG_0273

I am currently working a simple Noro Silk Garden sock. I love the look of it, but it is a little tough on the hands. I can only knit on it for a little bit before I have to put it down. Although I am trying to cruise though it, I am on a little bit of a deadline on this one. Pictures coming soon…

No comments: