Do you guys remember that George Michael song, Monkey? I seem to have that in my head a lot these days.
I have been pluggin’ away on the monkey and feel like I have made some good progress:
I even attached the tail last night:
I am a little concerned about the size. It looks a little small to me, but I don’t have a child…so perhaps my perspective is off. I showed it to some of the ladies at knitting last week and one of the girls said that she had a big 5 year old and it would be too small for him. But, this is for a 4 year old who apparently is on the smaller side. By the way, I have yet to meet the child who I am knitting this for. I did measure some of her pants. Her mother brought me a pair of cargo pants and a pair of leggings to measure. I made the monkey legs not as big as the cargo pants, but bigger than the leggings. I am trying to arrange a fitting in the next couple of days. I don’t know what I am going to do if it doesn’t fit. Halloween is creeping up on us.
My other concern is that I may run short on the pink yarn. I had to double it, because it has much more drape than the cotton. I bought a few more skeins, but that is all we had at the store. The romper is supposed to be trimmed with pink, but I may have to use another color. I hope this ok. I know the mother wants it as close to the originally as possible, but I am not sure I have much choice here. Maybe I will get online and see if I can order a few back-up skeins. Since there is so much striping going on I don’t think it will matter if it is a different dye lot.