Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Queen Returns...

...the cable queen that is.

Here is my open cardigan with cable details.



And a detail shot



Ok, so there isn't a whole lot of cabling going on. I still need to block it, but I wanted to wear it at least once this season. Nothing like finishing an alpaca sweater right before the temperture reachs 50 degrees.

So what do you do when you finish an alpaca sweater right before the start of spring? You start a new one of course!



I have knitting that would be more appropriate right now, but I have had this idea for awhile and thought I could quick whip this up. It's going to be a top down raglan cardigan with lots feather and fan and 3/4 sleeves. Let's see how fast I can knit this.

I also decided to give my lunch time knitting to charity. I have lots of yarn that would be great for Cancer Care hats or squares for Warm Up America, so I took quite a bit of it to work and am leaving it there. This way I always have knitting at work for those stressful days when I just need to take a lunch break. Now I just need to convince my boss to knit during meeting, it is for charity after all!

1 comment:

MUDNYC said...

The sweater looks fab...is that the Big Baby yarn? Sooooo soft!